Math Enrichment Program
Our core comprehensive curriculum for advanced pre-K to 6th grade students is designed to help kids fall in love with math by teaching them mental math skills in a fun, game-based environment. Using Vedic Math techniques, we show kids ways to solve math problems in a simpler, faster, more accurate way. We integrate games into all our classes so that they enjoy their learning experience and look forward to coming back to their next lesson.
After a free evaluation, your child is placed in a troop level (Lemur, Spider Monkey, Chimpanzee, Orangutan, Baboon, Gorilla, or Silverback) based on their math ability and not their age or grade. This placement allows children gifted in math to nurture their interest and move to a knowledge level beyond what they are learning in school. Children struggling with math are able to step back and learn their math basics in an environment that is fun and that helps dissipate any math phobia that has started to develop.
Classes are once a week for one hour. The school year session includes 36 weekly classes, with a change in the skills being taught every twelve weeks. Students can enter the program at any time. We also offer summer sessions.
Math Homework Help
Our one-on-one Math Homework Help services for elementary, middle, and high school students: If you are struggling with having time or the skills to help your children with their math homework, this service is for you:
- Staffed by high school seniors and college students who love math and are currently excelling in AP Calculus or higher levels of math.
- One hour time slots available Monday through Thursday from 3 to 7 PM, Friday from 3 to 6 PM and Saturday morning from 9 to 12 noon.
Our one-on-one online tutoring for students from grades 3 – 12+ (including college): Students with busy schedules can now get the assistance they need from the comfort of home. Private, personalized, convenient and affordable, 1-on-1 tutoring has never been so easy. Students can get their questions answered, get help with homework, take advanced courses, or prepare for an upcoming test. Subjects include (but not limited to): all levels of Math, Science, Reading Comprehensive & Vocabulary, Writing & Grammar, Test Prep (ACT, SAT, AP, IB, FCAT, etc.).
Features and Benefits:
- Set the schedule based on YOUR availability
- Work exclusively with one highly qualified tutor (90% of our tutors hold master’s degrees)
- Interactive white board and conference call technology
- Tutor has access to same or similar textbooks used by students
- Parent portal to track progress, read teacher notes, and assessment results
- Money back guarantee – if you are not totally satisfied within the first 4 sessions, or the first two weeks (whichever comes first), cancel and receive a full refund
- Common Core Math Test Preparation Courses for students from grades 3 – 5: Designed to coincide with the math curriculum at Miami Dade County Public Schools.
- Common Core Math Study Groups for grades 1 – 5: In a study group, several students studying the same subject come together with their homework and questions. A certified teacher is on hand, as well as knowledgeable math mentors.
- Algebra and Geometry EOC Preparation Courses for middle and high school students: Also designed to coincide with the math curriculum at Miami Dade County Public Schools.
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1 and 2, and Geometry Study Groups for middle and high school students: In a study group, several students studying the same subject come together with their homework and questions. A certified teacher is on hand, as well as knowledgeable math mentors.
- Summer, Winter, and Spring Break Camps for students from grades K – 6: A Multimedia Interactive Math & Science Experience featuring: videos, games, computer games and simulations, hands-on experiments, reading, art, and some Real Life Excursions, all related to the topic/theme of the week.
- Summer Preparation Courses for Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Geometry for middle and high school students: An introduction to help students gain a solid base on an array of topics that help ensure success in their upcoming math class and/or test.