Math Monkey Tutoring Services
2016-2017 School Year Pricing and Policies
||High School or College Student
||$40 (or $32 if enrichmentclass student)
||$60 (or $48 if enrichmentclass student)
*Students enrolled in Math Monkey enrichment classes receive a 20% discount on our tutoring services.
*Siblings receive a 10% discount from the second student on. Only one discount can be applied at one time.
Scheduling: Hours must be scheduled in advance with the Knowledge Center Director via written communication (email or text). Our staff will be scheduled based on these reserved hours. We will make every effort to schedule the same tutor for each session with your child but cannot guarantee it.
Holiday Schedule: Math Monkey will be closed for tutoring on the major legal holidays and school break days (Labor day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving [Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday], Winter Break (December 26-January 7), Martin Luther Kings Day, President’s Day, Public School Spring Break [April 10-15], and Memorial Day). We are open for tutoring on Teacher Planning Days so if you need to cancel your child’s standing appointment for these days, our regular cancellation policy (below) will be in effect. Math Monkey will send an email reminder to all clients whenever there is a day that we are closed.
Payments for tutoring services performed at the Math Monkey Knowledge Center:
- For your convenience, Math Monkey tutoring services can be paid monthly through our secure auto-billing system using a MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express credit card or debit card.
- Cash and checks are also accepted. Math Monkey will charge a $35 fee for any returned check. Those paying with cash or check must provide a credit card that will be charged if there is a no-show/late cancellation or if payment is not received by the 10th day of the month.
- Weekly tutoring: Payment is due during the first week of the month for the number of sessions available each month. For example, if tutoring is every Tuesday, we charge for the number of Tuesdays available in that particular month. Weekdays falling on a major legal holiday (e.g., Labor Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, President’s Day, etc.) will be excluded from the count.
- Occasional tutoring: Payment is due in advance of the session(s).
- New students must pay for first session at the time that the appointment is made.
Cancellations: This time has been reserved for your child and is unavailable to other students. Therefore, we require advance notice by 10 AM for weekday appointments and by 6 PM Friday for Saturday morning appointments if you need to cancel. Cancellations MUST be made in writing via text message to 786-501-6350.
- You will be charged a $30 cancellation fee if you fail to cancel within the above guidelines.
- Appointment reminder texts are a courtesy. Should you not receive a reminder text, it is still your responsibility to remember your appointment.
- Since sessions are paid for in advance, a credit will be issued for tutoring services cancelled in compliance with our cancellation policy.
- Refunds will not be given for paid sessions; however, the credit can be used for future tutoring sessions or any other Math Monkey service.
- If schedule changes and cancellations become the rule rather than the exception (at least two charges a month for two consecutive months), we will not be able to hold a fixed schedule for your child.
Please call our Knowledge Center at 305-971-6284 for more information or to register.