Math Monkey Tutoring Services
2012-2013 School Year Pricing and Policies
||Homework Help @ Knowledge Center
||Tutoring @ Knowledge Center
||High School or College Students
| Hours Available
||3-7 PM Mon-Thurs,3-6 PM Fri & 9-12 Sat
||After School and Weekends
| Hourly Rate*
|| $35 (or $28 if enrichment class student)
||$55 (or $44 if enrichment class student)
|| $25 (or $20 if enrichment class student)
*Students enrolled in Math Monkey enrichment classes receive a 20% discount on our tutoring services
*Siblings receive a 10% discount from the second student on. Only one discount can be applied at one time.
Scheduling: Hours must be scheduled in advance with the Knowledge Center Director via written communication (email or text). Our staff will be scheduled based on these reserved hours. We will make every effort to schedule the same tutor for each session with your child but cannot guarantee it.
Holiday Schedule: Math Monkey will be closed for tutoring on the major legal holidays and school break days (Labor day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday), Winter Break (December 24-January 5), Martin Luther Kings Day, President’s Day, Public School Spring Break (March 25-30), and Memorial Day). We are open for tutoring on Teacher Planning Days so if you need to cancel your child’s standing appointment for these days, our regular cancellation policy (below) will be in effect. Math Monkey will send an email reminder to all clients whenever there is a day that is closed.
Payments for tutoring services performed at the Math Monkey Knowledge Center:
- For your convenience, Math Monkey tutoring services can be paid monthly through our secure auto-billing system using a MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express credit card or debit card.
- Cash and checks are also accepted. Math Monkey will charge a $35 fee for any returned check.
- Weekly tutoring: Payment is due during the first week of the month for the number of sessions available each month. Weekdays falling on a major legal holiday (e.g., Labor Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, President’s Day, etc.) will be excluded from the count. Those wishing to pay one session at a time by cash or check must ay a deposit equal to the cost of one session to cover the possibility of a no show or late cancellation. This amount needs to be replenished if it’s used by a no show or late cancellation and will be used to pay for the last tutoring session scheduled.
- Occasional tutoring: Payment is due in advance of the session(s).
- New students must pay for first session at the time that the appointment is made.
Cancellations: This time has been reserved for your child. Keeping your appointments is extremely important to our business. If you need to cancel an appointment, we require a 24 hour notice. Cancellations MUST be made in writing via email or text.
- If your child is ill, we require that you notify us by 10 a.m. on the day of their appointment.
- Failure to cancel within the above guidelines will result in the tutoring hour being charged.
- Since sessions are paid for in advance, a credit will be issued for tutoring sessions cancelled in compliance with our cancellation policy.
- Refunds will not be given for paid sessions; however, the credit can be used for future tutoring sessions or any other Math Monkey service.
- If schedule changes and cancellations become the rule rather than the exception (at least two charges a month for two consecutive months), we will not be able to hold a fixed schedule for your child.
Please call our Knowledge Center at 305-971-6284 for more information or to register.